About Random Team Generator
Team Generator is an online tool where you can quickly generate random groups from a list of names.
You can use it to generate teams for your classroom to divide students, creating football team, making groups for games of anywhere else where you need to split names in random groups.
How to use Team Generator?
- Start the group generator by entering or copy/paste your list of names in the text area by newline or comma separated. Select option "Split names by space" to filter names by space.
- Select the option if we should filter out duplicate names. This can happen if you copy paste a list of names into our tool. By default this filter will be turned on, so please be careful if you have twice the same team member.
- Select the number of groups that should be randomly chosen, from 2 to 100 teams. The groups will be equally divided, but it can happen that one group is having more participants if the names are unequal. It's also possible to generate groups by choosing the number of names per group. If you have 10 names and select 2 names per group, it will generate 5 groups with 2 names each. So you can either choose the number of teams or the number of participants per group.
- Click "Generate teams" button to start generating random groups. We will do some magic to have random generated groups.
- The result is showing random teams with all the names of the group generator, the total count of all names/groups and the date/time. Not happy with the random groups? Use the generate teams button again and we will generate new teams for you.
- When you are generate multiple times you will see the previous information as well. It's possible to remove the previous result via the cross button.