About Random Name Picker
Name Picker is a easy-to-use online tool where you can quickly and instantly pick a name from a list of names at random as winner.
For example, you can use this for:
- Who should start?
- Who should do the dishes?
- Who should clean the room?
- Who is the winner of my Facebook giveaway?
- Who is the winner of my Instagram raffle or contest?
- Which baby name should I pick?
- Which name is the winner for my Twitter competition?
It can also be used by teachers in the classroom to randomly select:
- Which student has to give the correct answer?
- Which student has to be in which group for activities?
How to generate a random number?
The name picker tool can also be used as a random number generator. You can enter,
instead of names, the numbers where you want to pick from. E.g. if you want to
select one or multiple random numbers from 1 to 10, enter the following numbers:
How to generate a random letter?
Do you need a random letter generator to generate a random letter from A to Z? You can use the
default settings and enter the
following letters to the text area: "a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z". Copy the
text within the quotes and paste it within the random name field.
How to pick a random winner for your online contest?
You created an Instagram Giveaway, Youtube Giveaway or Facebook Giveaway an now it's time to pick a
winner. How do you do that with our name selector?
- Get all names from the participants that comply with the giveaway rules
- Fill in all names of all participants in the text area
- Pick multiple names by changing the number of winners, 1 by default.
- Choose extra name picker options if needed for your draw
- Pick random winners and start the draw via the "Pick random name(s)" button
- Contact all winners and share the results via Social Media
You can also use our Facebook Comment Picker, Instagram
Comment Picker or YouTube
Comment Picker to get all comments from your post or video automatically.
How to use the Random Name Picker?
It's very easy to use our Name Picker:
- Enter or copy/paste your list of names in the text area by newline or comma separated. Select
option "Split names by space" to filter names by space.
- Select the number of names/winners that should be randomly chosen, up to 100, 250, 500 and 1000
- Select the option if it is allowed that a name can be chosen multiple times in one draw. This
only happens when you select multiple winners in once via the option "Select the number of
- Select the option if we should filter out duplicate names. This can happen if you copy paste a
list of names into our tool.
- Select the option if we should remove a name from the list of names after you pick a winner. You
can use this when you want to select multiple names.
- Click "Pick random name(s)" button to start the draw.
- The result is showing the winner(s) of the random name picker, the total count of all names and
the date/time of the draw. You can optional share the result with the winners via Facebook.
- When you run multiple draws you will see the previous draw information as well. It's
possible to remove the previous name picker result via the cross button.
- Tip: Pick quickly new winners with the pick again button that with be displayed below the result with
Can I add my logo to Name Picker results?
Yes, we added a new feature that you can customize the Name Picker contest results with a title, intro text and a
logo! Check the
"Add contest information to results" option inside the form and enter your custom information. The image should
be a link to an online
image which should be one of the following format: jpg, jpeg, png, svg or gif.
How much costs your Name Picker?
You can use this name picker tool as many times and with so many entries as you want for FREE! Do you
want any other options in the random name picker? Let us know! We are happy to implement new
features. We are planning to build a random name picker wheel of names as well.
How much entries or names can our random winner picker handle?
Our tool can handle almost unlimited amount of names. We tested our tool with more then 1 million
names and it still works fine. However it can become slow in some browsers with that many names
How fair is Name Picker?
you do is
completely random and can't be manipulated. So please don't ask to change outcome of the random
winner generator, because we will never do that.